In the past, I used to distingish real life an virtual life easily when I am a primary student. However, when I am a university student, I find difficulty distingish them because I spend a lot of time using computer rather than talking with people. In real life, I am JACK but in virtual life, I can John, Jackson, Eva and so on. There are numerous identities in virtual life.
Also, there are a lot of online platform such as facebook, linkedIn that we can use. We can find different cultures in the different platforms. For instances, in facebook, I feel relaxed and I share many interesting things with my friends while in linkedIn, I look for professional comments which are related to career. Undoubtedly, different cultures in different platforms are quite similiar to different cultures around the world. Which culture do you like most?
By the way, texting, instant messager, e-mail are commonly found. Which one do you like? In fact, I like texting very much because it is easy to use and convenient to chat with my friend immediately. Additionally, I like writting letter since seeing hand writing of different people reflects their personalities although there are few people who write letter nowadays.
in fact i liked to write letter sometimes, it's really a shame that my busy university life has forbidden me doing so. it's funny u can tell ones' personalities from their hand writing, i guess it's another affordance made available particularly by hand writing.
回覆刪除i totally agree with your point that the overuse of computer will lead to a lack of communication among people in reality. this affected my life very much in the past because i was once very addicted to computer games...
回覆刪除Also u reminded me of writing letters. i haven't been writing for ages =.=
I also like texting very much, because i hate fake communication. In internet, people may chat with others with fake identities. it is hard to share your thing to a person who you don't actually know! texting can avoid it because i will only texting with my real friends!
回覆刪除