2011年9月22日 星期四

Reflections of lecture on Week 4

Hello~!
The main content of lecture is about visual design on websites (e,g bottom-top, left-right) , the difference between the traditional reading materials ( book, newspaper) and modern watching materials ( video, animation).  Do you like the traditional one or just the modern one?

I like both. In fact, it is very difficult to say which one is better than another. For me, I am inspired when I am reading books like little women and  1984~because  I can image all scenes by myself.  But it is sometimes a little bit boring. 

When I am watching videos, I am execited due to a lot of sound, visual effects. I received the idea from them directly and I rarely think of it by myself. In spite of the excitement created in videos, I will be exhausted if I watch a 3D movie for a long time.

Anyway, I like them both~ traditional and modern!!~ Which one do you like most~~?

2 則留言:

  1. That's a good question! Like you, I like to mix up my media consumption. Still, some people are worried that new media are making people's attention spans shorter, making it harder for them to concentrate on lengthy articles and read in depth - see Nick Carr's 'The Shallows' for example. What do you think? Are pictures making you stupid?

    BTW, nice blog, I like the way you have been able to incorporate a range of media in your previous posts.

    回覆刪除
  2. to be honest i'm into so-called "modern media "more than traditional one becoz i grew up with that as a teenager born in 90s of last century. However I do go along with the argument that people like me who are used to new media, obviously, are less able to focus on lengthy articles and deal with massive amount of printed documents since with the internet we can always go to what we need by clicking on hypertext links, we dont have to take time to search throughout some printed books. I've become even worse with wikipedia, it's in fact amputating my ability to cope with lengthy articles.

    回覆刪除