2011年10月6日 星期四

Week 6~Multi-tasking~

Do you like multi-tasking? I like it very much because undoubtedly it saves my time and I can do a lot of things at the same time. For instances, I would like to chat with different people, watch TV programmes and even make phone calls to my boss. Have you ever tried this before? I guess most of you have.

Actually, someone may think that I am crazy but it is my opinion that doing a lot of things concurrently can help develop ability to deal with different problems in company. As we all know, workload of most jobs increase  a lot, for examples, a teacher not only teach students, but also launch a wide variety of events in secondary school. The employers want employees to have skill of multi-tasking.Do you agree with me?

Finally, there are some disadvantages of multi-tasking. Take me as an example. If I chat with many people meanwhile, I will often forget what I have just said. And this always annoys my friends. Also, owing to multi-tasking, I find difficulty concentrate on doing one thing. I need to listen to music when I work. Do you have same experience as me?

3 則留言:

  1. In my job, it's essential that I can keep a lot of projects going at the same time. The way I see it, I have to learn this kind of 'longer term' multitaksing and balance it with effective 'switching' between tasks because I know that if I tried to work on all of the projects at the exact same time, I wouldn't finish any of them. So I think I agree with the pros and cons that you have outlined here - thanks for the observations!

    回覆刪除
  2. ya~ if we become managers some day, we will have to communicate with far more ppl, monitor other employees' performance, while continue doing our own job at the same... multitasking nowadays can actually be treated as preparation for the future.

    回覆刪除
  3. yes! people are greedy, we all don't want to miss anything. so, we will take task as many as we can. and i agree that this is also a need in today's society. i am also the one doing multitasking. but all of us should take care of the problem of concentration. otherwise, we may be failed in all the tasks!

    回覆刪除